Dr Hirani graduated from Guy's Hospital, London, England in 1996. He has a Master’s degree in Orthodontics and is a Fellow of Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons (RCS) and holds a Membership in Orthodontics from the RCS which was awarded in 2003.
In 2005, he passed his exit fellowship, FDS (Orth) which is the highest marker of orthodontic training in the UK and obtained first place.
Dr Hirani is currently the Chairman of the British Lingual Orthodontic Society (BLOS).
In 2022, he became a Titular member of the European Society of Lingual Orthodontics (ESLO) by examination. As of 2022, there are about 50 orthodontists world-wide who have ever achieved this.
He has published articles in leading journals such as the Journal of Orthodontics, Journal of Clinical Orthodontics, European Journal of Orthodontics and Orthodontic Update.
Dr Hirani works exclusively in private practice and has a strong interest in digital orthodontics, aligners, lingual orthodontics, miniscrews and interdisciplinary care.
He is a member of the following Professional Bodies:
• Current Chairman of the British Lingual Orthodontic Society (BLOS)
• Titular Member of the European Society Lingual Orthodontics (ESLO)
• Active Member of the European Society Lingual Orthodontics (ESLO)
• Active Member of the World Society of Lingual Orthodontics (WSLO)
• British Orthodontic Society (BOS)
• British Lingual Orthodontic Society (BLOS)
• British Dental Association (BDA)
• European Orthodontic Society (EOS)
• World Federation of Orthodontists (WFO)
• American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
• Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCS)